He made me a mother...

When a child dies, the mother inside does not. 
In fact, her instincts have just greatly intensified.
She is now more than ever before, an advocate for her child.


34 weeks and 5 days. 
That is how long I had with my son.  In that short amount of time, I had to make more life changing and heart wrenching decisions for my child than most of those have to do in a lifetime with theirs. In that short amount of time, my husband and I had to meet with several doctors, making decisions on ending his life, or having hope and letting God and our son make that decision. In that short amount of time, we had to discuss the health plan if our son would have lived outside of the womb, comfort care or life saving measures. In that short amount of time, I was dealing with a mix of excitement for our first born son and mourning the loss of our first born son. In that short amount of time, my husband and I had to decide on the funeral home to cremate our beautiful son. In that short amount of time, we became parents, a mother and a father. 

Oliver may not be here physically, but he is here with me every second of every minute of every hour of every single day. He has never left me, as I have never left him. He is not here to speak for himself, to share his journey, to show his accomplishments. That is my job, that is what I do on a daily basis. Those who speak his name, those who remember him with me, are proof that I am doing my job. Proof that I have not failed as a mother. Oliver is working through me constantly and I am forever grateful I was chosen to be his mother. Oliver made me a mother, his mother, the mother I am today. 

We have been blessed with our daughter who will be arriving in the next 6 weeks. She is a gorgeous, strong, and amazing little girl, who is being guided by her older brother. He is watching over her every step of the way. I am a mother to a beautiful son and a gorgeous daughter.

For those who say 
"You will be such a good mother" or "For the mom to be"
Thank you, however please realize
I already am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver