The Rainbow

[a bow or arc of prismatic colors appearing in the heavens opposite the sun 
and caused by the refraction and reflection of the sun's rays in drops of rain.]

Our rainbow arrived February 5 2014. Weighing 6 pounds 15 ounces & measuring 19 inches long. Her name is Olive Juanita.

We have longed for this baby girl to arrive long before she was even conceived. We were looking for a rainbow after our storm. For a light to come out of our darkness. We were blessed with the beginning of this gift about 6 months after Oliver went home.

I was 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant when we went in to be induced with our little girl. A much anticipated wait. Although Olive was healthy during the entire pregnancy, doesn't mean this was an easy pregnancy journey. It seemed to at times prove to be more challenging than our 34 week and 5 day journey with Oliver. With Oliver we knew what to expect - we had learned, accepted and prayed. With Olive - it was as if I carried a dark cloud above us, waiting for this love to be taken. I was very ready for her to be in my arms.

As each contraction came on - all I could think of was Oliver. He was my strength. He is my strength. It still seems unreal that this beautiful little girl was put on my chest and is home with me now. As I felt her on my chest - I felt a calmness and sense of relief. Oliver was with us the entire time. Taking care of his momma and his baby sister.

I am beyond grateful that she is here. That we have our rainbow. Yet - I am still yearning for my son. I will never hear him cry, see his expressions, or watch him move on this earth.


Our rainbow doesn't take the pain away or make any of this easier. 
She is proof we have an amazing God & Oliver is home with Him. 

Olive is a reminder that one day -
 I will have both of my babies in my arms.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver