Dear Oliver

Dear Oliver,

I wanted to write to you the day your sister was born. I have been so overwhelmed with mourning your passing and praising your sisters arrival. My emotions are all over the place.

Your baby sister has been with us for one week now and you have been with us the entire time. I love telling her about her brother. She is so blessed to have you in her life. Her birth was a great experience and I know that is because of you. You were my focal point. Every contraction I thought of you. I thought of how beautiful you are, how brave and strong you were during our journey together. You were my strength during that time. And now you are my strength now more than ever.

From the moment she was laid down on my chest my heart has somehow been able to feel broken yet so full at the same time. As I look at her and gaze into her beautiful eyes I can't help but dream of you being here with us.  I know you are in a perfect place - where you are healthy and happy. I just want to bring you home to be with me, your daddy and your new baby sister.

I feel you with me everyday. I feel you with me right now. I know you are loving on me right now while these tears run down my face. You are reminding me that you love me and that we will be together again as a family. That we will have an eternity together.

I love you Oliver, you are my perfect baby boy. 

Love,
Mommy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver