Happy 1st Birthday {10.25.13}

Dear Oliver,

Happy 1st Birthday. I am in shock that it has been a year since I got to see your beautiful face and hold your precious little body. You were 3lbs,15 oz, 15.5 inches long and born at 5:49pm. We spent 34 weeks and 5 days together. In that short time, our bond became so strong. I know everything about you and I know that you are still with me. I know that you are a strong, brave, beautiful and amazing little boy. Strong and brave because you beat the odds. Because you didn't accept that timeline the doctors had set, because you stayed with me for as long as you could hold out for. Beautiful and amazing because you changed my life and changed my heart. You have made me a better person, a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better friend. You have touched the lives of so many other people. I am so proud of all you have accomplished in your short life here on Earth. I know the celebration in Heaven is going to be wonderful. I wish that I could be with you, sing you happy birthday, and watch you destroy a birthday cake. I know that we will have these memories one day. That is what keeps me going. That one day - we will be together again . That I will be able to hold you and smother you with all my love I have for you. This first year has been such a journey - and I miss you more and more everyday. We will be celebrating your first year with our friends and family. In honor of you we will be helping so many other children & mothers. Because of you this is happening! I am so proud to be your mother and feel so blessed that God sent you to be my son.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby angel. 
I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver