Back to the Basics

I've been debating speaking my mind on this. There have been so many posts and so many things said.

First things first -- I pray for all of those affected by this tragedy, those affected directly and indirectly. The lives lost - may they not be in vain. That all of these beautiful people that now exist above us - instead of beside - may be remembered always as the beautiful people they are. I pray that their loved ones have love, strength, and healing on this journey of mourning.

As I have just brought another new child into this world - it really saddens me that we are experiencing another tragedy. Two tragedies back to back - both unnecessary and heartbreaking. 

I've seen a post circulate saying 
"I wouldn't change my children for the world, but I wish I could change this world for my children."

I am not sure what has happened - or why. This world we live in - is a beautiful world - filled with so many beautiful people - but there has been some disconnect. Somewhere along the line - people were taught or given the impression - that they are more important than their neighbor. That their life is more valuable than someone who is different from them. 

My brother Ivan - may he rest in peace - was such a unique soul. He himself was different - with mental and physical disabilities. Sure - he may have looked a little different than what our society perceives as "normal" - but he wasn't any different than me or you. He accepted everyone for who they were - he would talk to anyone - and be anyone's friend. I am blessed that Jaxin and Olive got to know him for their first couple years of life - and experienced this type of love. 

So again - somewhere along the line - there was some disconnect. We need to get back to the basics. Treat one another like sister and brother. Give respect to get respect. Treat others the way we want to be treated. If you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything. Or better yet - find a way to say something without sounding full of hate - find a way to have a conversation with attacking the person as a whole - and focus on the issue at hand. 

I saw that post  above- I wouldn't change my children. I think it's great. However - to change the world we live in - is to start with our children. We have been given these beautiful miracles - and they will be the next generation. I am in no way saying that the people out there who have been the cause for these tragedies have had bad parents - what I am saying - is that there were lessons that were not learned. 

Teach your children the basics. Teach them love - that all people deserve love. Teach them that hate and anger doesn't solve anything. Teach them that you get more with honey than you do vinegar. That treating people with respect and treating them as the human being that they are is RIGHT. Teach them that treating people badly and attacking them because of their opinions, religion, they way the look or talk, who they choose to love - is WRONG. 

I am so heartbroken that one day I will have to explain to my children that these beautiful souls were killed because of hate. That someone chose to hurt them because of who they are and who they love. 

I myself, am a Christian. I will be praying for the 49 and their loved ones. I will be praying Christina and her loved ones. I will be praying for my children, for your children, for you and your loved ones. I will be praying for our world. I pray and have faith that our society, our world, all of the people on this Earth - find love again - and that hate will become something of the past. 

Whether you pray or not. I hope that we all are making the steps to make this world a better place. That we all start removing the hate from our lives and learn to love and respect one another. Today could be anyone's last - remember that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver