I am Oliver's Mom

Oliver was with me for 34 weeks and 5 days. I felt him move, I listened to his heartbeat, I watched him on the sonograms, and I held him in my arms. He may not be here with us anymore but he is always with us in our hearts and souls. I will forever be his mother. I still wake up in the middle of the night expecting to hear a baby crying, needing me. I carry the feeling that I am forgetting something all day. His room is still set up. He has clothes in his closet. His urn is in our bedroom. The blanket and pillow he had in the hospital stays in the bed between our pillows. I say good morning and good night to him with a kiss every day. I talk to him whenever I can. I tell him how much I love him. He may not be here - but I am a mother - his mother. We have a relationship that no one can take away. We have a special bond, a bond only a mother and child share. When a child dies, that doesn't take away that bond, it doesn't mean you are no longer a mother, it means you are now the mother of a beautiful angel who is waiting for you until it is time to meet again.

{ Everything happens for a reason. God made me a mother to such a special boy, and he took that boy because he has bigger plans in Heaven }

I love you Oliver, forever & always

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver