Oliver's Baby Shower - 8/25

8-25-12
When we first got Oliver's diagnosis, I decided against having a baby shower. I just didn't know that I would be able to make it through a time with friends and family who don't know what is going on and having everyone so excited, while inside I am crying and screaming and just a mess of emotions. 

As some time went on and talking to other women in this situation, I decided to  go ahead with the shower. I wanted to still celebrate Oliver's life - despite however long it may be. He is still my son whether he is here with me or waiting for me in Heaven. 

Our friends and family don't know what the situation is and we would rather it that way. Having to talk about it out loud is just something I can't handle doing.

I had a bit of a breakdown the night before the shower and was second guessing my choice. After spending the day with friends and family and opening all of the wonderful things for Oliver, I felt a little better, seeing how much everyone already loves him. Yet at the same time, I feel awful thinking that these items will not be used for Oliver and will be saved for his little brothers or sisters. It makes me feel so heartbroken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver