Oliver is home {his baby urn}

... Oliver's Baby Urn ...

The funeral director dropped off the urn tonight. I have been hounding them with calls, asking when he would be home with us for the last 2 weeks. I have been worried that something would go wrong, or they wouldn't treat this situation as sensitive as they said they would. All of the hoops one has to jump through to have their stillborn son cremated and brought home is much more than I thought. 

I met a wonderful woman through our comfort care counselor and met with her when I was 29 weeks along. She went through this same situation with her gorgeous daughter 4 years ago. She took the loss of her child and turned to helping others going through the same. I thank God that I met her and that she was able to give me information & share her story. I talked with her for over an hour, and could see the love and heartbreak in her eyes when she spoke of her daughter. That's when I knew, the tears would continue to flow, and the pain would never subside. 

I am thankful that he is now "home" with us - where he belongs. 

{we love you Oliver - forever & always}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Time

This is not what I pictured

Dear Oliver